Monday, January 3, 2011
Review and Renew 2011
Happy New Year!!! I love the feeling that we all seem to get at the beginning of a new year. It seems like a new beginning, a breath of fresh air, a chance to do right. Like most of us, as I ring in a new year I like to take time to reflect on the previous year and prioritze the upcoming year. I focus in on the things I did well and determine the things that I need to do better. Although I enjoy making a few broad resolutions, my main goal at the beginning of each year is to continue to treat each day with the same gusto as most treat the new year... sounds cheesy and a bit overkill but I feel that this is the way to really enjoy each year to the fullest. Afterall, who says that January is the best time to start over? I started doing this about 2 yrs ago and once I began looking at every day as a new beginning I became invigorated and more likely to take advantage of each moment. I merely decided to give myself the opportunity to set goals and start over each day. Choosing to reflect and take life assesments on a regular basis instead of once a year has helped me to be more present in my daily walk and has motivated me to better myself and be more grateful for the moment. It has helped to remind me that life is more of a journey and a process. I may fall short at times, but allowing myself to realize this and then try again has kept me striving to make life changes instead of resolutions that I give up on around mid February (ok, more like mid January). If this seems too daunting, start out with seasonal goals and go from there. Here's to a new day, a new you!
Labels:
Blessings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment