Thursday, January 20, 2011

Timing is Everything

I've heard this phrase a million times and for some reason it never resinated with me.  I mean it is a pretty obvious thought and I chose to never dissect it.  However, I recently used this line to comfort a girlfriend who is going through a rough break-up.  I will avoid the tragic deets but lets just say the "it's not you- it's me" excuse was used...I know!  At any rate, I concluded that this simply meant that he was not in the same place as she and that the timing, in fact, was not right for him.  Fast forward a few hours to me becoming super frustrated that I am still looking for a job.  It then dawned on me that I am essentially hearing the same lame break up line from employers.  In order to not go completely mad, I must believe that a job is out there for me and that we just have not crossed pathes...yet.  Time apparently has not been on my side so I must be patient and wait for the job to become available or for me to gather all the moments I need to be "right" for the position.  It is kinda  refreshing to say that "the timing hasn't been right" instead of assuming that I'm never going to get a job and that I'm a loser who isn't qualified for anything.  Yes, I think I just found a new "it's not them or me, it's timing" excuse.  Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment