Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ballin' at the Ballantyne

I love food.  I love everything about food.  I love finding and cooking new recipes, I love experienceing new restaurants with amazing menus but mostly I love sharing food with loved ones.  It's cheesy, but my favorite aspect of food is the feeling I have when I'm able to partake in a fabulous meal with those near and dear to me.  With all that said, I would like to share with you (all zero of my readers) one of the best dining experiences I've had of recent.  It is a prime example of how atmosphere paired with amazing food and even better wine can make all wrongs right.  Drumroll please....


That picture is enough to prove my point, but allow me to continue.  From the moment your car is valeted you feel like a princess being dropped off at your castle.  The staffs sole purpose is to treat you better than anyone has ever treated you and to make you feel like the most important person on earth.  This is how they do it at the Ballantyne and you've only made it to the lobby.  Since I was only there to dine (sigh) I made a beline for the enormous balcony overlooking the award winning golf course.  Immediately greeted by a server eager to bring me my beverage of choice.  After having a pre-dinner cocktail I made my way to their 4 star restaurant, The Gallery.

Now I could write a trilogy about the decor and atmospher, but let me cut to the chase and show you what you really want to see: the menu.  To be honest, they have changed their menu since I've been there and I can't recall exactly what I had (buzzkill I know)... BUT I can promise you that I had the best appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee that I've had in a long time.  One thing that I can describe to a T- in part because the chef gave us the recipe- thats right, whatever you want- was the "bread" that they give you to munch on in between courses.  This my friends, is one of the best things that man has ever created: the black pepper and thyme popovers.  Sounds just aight, but it is the most buttery, flaky, moist spin on a biscuit I've ever enjoyed.  I would go back if only for the popovers.  I wish I could detail all of our food choices but I never intended on writing a blog post.  C'est La Vie. In summary, the excellent food mixed with the thoughtful decor and romantic atmosphere made for a memorable experience that will forever be one of my favorites.  It was sad to have to leave the castle but this princess will be back again real soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Dutchess,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our staff is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience, and we're so pleased you enjoyed your meal at Gallery Restaurant. We hope to welcome you back soon.

    Sincerely,
    Hotel Management

    ReplyDelete