Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Build It And They Will Come

I try daily to learn and lead a spiritual life.  Like my yoga classes, spirituality is something practiced and never mastered.  The perfectionist in me hates that I can never perfect my spiritual journey but the traveler in me loves that I am, in fact, on a journey.  This helps me to put life in perspective and realize that each day is a building block to the next.  This line of thinking gets me through the dark times and allows me to enjoy the good times.  Currently, my homework assignment in the class of Life is to incorporate blind faith in my every day walk.

Now, I've had faith throughout my whole life and felt as if I had it down pat.  However, what I've learned is that I have faith in the moment- that what I'm doing will work out.  Lets call it "Everything happens for a reason" type faith.  My next step in this journey is to practice blind faith in the unknown.  Lets call it "Giving a reason for everything to happen" faith.  Like quitting your job because you have blind faith that something else will come along.  A sense that you will have what you need when you need it and a belief that no matter what happens you will be okay.  The human mind tells you this type of gambling is dangerous.  You need plans and a goal and ... a job?  This is why blind faith is difficult and seemingly dangerous.  It goes against the grain and challenges the basic principles of intelligence.  The truth of the matter is blind faith seems down right dumb.  I'm uncertain how to incorporate this type of faith into my life, but I do know that I'm going to try.  My first thought is to start doing things without worrying about how or if I'm going to get the outcome.  Operating under the belief that if I build it they will come.  This is really difficult for me but I think it is worth a shot.  After all, one can not become enlightened without pushing some internal boundaries.  So I'm thinking if I combine positivity, with blind faith, mixed with some perseverance then I will begin to see outcomes that I want without all the worrying in between.  This will be a good start, I'm not quite evolved enough to buy a new car and then figure out how to pay for it but I'm going to find the happy medium between recklessness and blind faith.  I can do this.  Or shall I say I will do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment